Location & arrival
Samnaun is on the Austrian border with the north-east Swiss canton of Graubünd and is politically under the administration of Unterengadin/Val Müstair. This mountain community is comprised of the five villages of Compatsch, Laret, Plan, Ravaisch and Samnaun Dorf. Samnaun is DUTY-FREE.
Coming from Switzerland:
- Engadinstrasse H27: via Vereina (car transport) or the Flüela pass (only in summer).
- Turn off at Vinadi onto the Samnaun road.
- Attention on the return journey: Customs check in Martina (a valid travel document is required).
Coming from Austria:
- Arlberg expressway S16, Fernpassstrasse B179 or Inntal motorway A12 to Landeck.
- Reschenstrasse B180 to Pfunds Kajetansbrücke bridge
- Spisser Landesstrasse L348 to Samnaun